What We Do
Our services include:
Infant and Toddler program
The Infant/Toddler specialist is happy to assist any family or center program that focuses on providing developmentally appropriate and quality care for infants and children less than three years of age. Contact Cheryl Willis for help with your infant and toddler program! email@example.com or call 410-543-6650.
Cheryl can help you with:
Related trainings on site or at LSCCRC during the evenings, weekends or as needed
ITERS (Infant Toddler Environmental Rating Scale)
Information on the Social,Emotional development of infants and toddlers
Pamphlets, handouts and activity ideas for appropriate care of infants and toddlers
Services available in Somerset, Wicomico and Worcester counties
The Lower Shore Child Care Resource Center offers training opportunities* for child care providers, pre-school teachers, parents and anyone else interested in quality, up-to-date early-childhood/school age information.
- Training opportunities are available several times per month.
- Specialized training series are available such as the Infant/Toddler 45 hour preservice and Healthy Beginnings.
- Our trainings are approved by the Office of Child Care. Certificates granted fulfill both licensing and Maryland Child Care Credential requirements. **
- Training topics include a variety of interesting topics. All trainings are taught by early childhood educators or experts in a variety of fields key to the child care provider.
- Trainings can be offered in all three counties, although most take place in the LSCCRC training room.
- Trainings are offered at a low cost.
- Trainings can be arranged on site.
Consideration will be made for training requests. Contact the Training Coordinator, Leslie Sinclair for more information. firstname.lastname@example.org
*You must pre-register for most trainings that are offered.
**In order to receive credit, you must be present for the entire training.
Contact the Resource Center. Phone 410-543-6650 for more information.
Cash, Check (made out to Salisbury University), Visa or Mastercard
All payments need to be made at registration and prior to classes
ONLINE CLASSES ARE NOW AVAILABLE THROUGH SMART HORIZONS - click here
The Lower Shore Child Care Resource Center provides technical assistance to current or prospective child care providers.
Services include but are not limited to:
- Assistance with licensing compliance issues.
- Assistance and support handling children’s typical behavior issues.
- Room arrangement
- Assistance to child care providers who have questions regarding providing services for special needs children.
- Assistance and information on accreditation, Maryland Child Care Credential and Maryland EXCELS program.
- Assistance and information on applying for available loans or grants for start up, expanding and/or improving the quality of child care.
Services are offered free of charge and can be offered through telephone consultation and/or on site visits.
Lending Library and Resource Room
The Lower Shore Child Care Resource Center offers a full lending library for child care providers with materials for infant, toddler, preschool and school-age programs. The Resource Room is open Monday-Friday 9-5 with extended evening and Saturday hours several times per month.
- Resource Library Books and Kits (children’s books, curriculum books, book kits, etc)-free lending for two weeks
- Videos, CDs, and CD-ROMs
- Parachute/Gross Motor Activities
- Sand/Water Tables
- Construction paper
- Bulletin board paper
- Foam paper
- Sponge paper
- Poster board paper
- Tempera Paints
- Laminating machine
- Binding machine
- Button Maker
- Magnet Maker
- Accu-Cut die cut machine