2018 Summer Events
Somerset County Judy Center Professional Development Opportunities
Available to all Somerset County Providers, Head Start Teachers, Public School Teachers and Judy Center Partners. Both events will be held at the Board of Ed in Westover.
Call the Somerset Judy Center to register or for more information: 410-651-1275
August 23rd –
- Math with Linda Schoenbrodt, Elementary Math Specialist from MSDE. Ms. Schoenbrodt will discuss math language development, will work with our local KRA data to help us interpret and plan, will help us integrate math into everyday learning experiences including whole group, small group and centers. We will also take a look at math in children’s literacy. 8:30-3:30
Somerset County Weekly Active Parenting Group
- Thursdays from 9-10 a.m.
- Healthy Families Lower Shore, 11120 Somerset Avenue, Princess Anne, MD
- Phone: (410) 621-0889
- Email: info@HFLS.us
Wicomico County Birth to Five Playgroup
- Wednesday, August 1
- Salisbury Zoo
- Call Kathy at (410) 677-5250 or email email@example.com
2018 Resource Center Events
Preparing for an Active Shooter: Training for Child Care Providers
- Saturday, August 25th
- 2 Sessions available: 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. or 2 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- Location: Salisbury Independent Volunteer Fire Company 1, 800 Snow Hill Rd., Salisbury, MD
- 4 Clock Hours (COK: 2 Hours Health, Safety and Nutrition + 2 Hours Community)
- Saturday, August 25th
- Two 4-Hour Sessions available: Choose 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. or 2 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- Trainer: Andrew Roszak, JD, MPA, EMT-P, Sr. Director, Emergency Preparedness in partnership with Child Care Aware of America
- Fee: $50.00
Registration is online only. Register now by choosing one session using the links below:
- Register here for the morning session (9 a.m. to 1 p.m.)
- Register here for the afternoon session (2 p.m. to 6 p.m.)
Registration is through Child Care Aware of America. Make sure you have the correct date and location (August 25th, Salisbury, MD) and that you have chosen the session you want. Call us at the Resource Center if you have any questions.
2018 Early Childhood Professionals' EXPO "STEM: Inside-Out"
- Saturday, September 15th
- 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- Location: Lower Shore Child Care Resource Center
- PAU Opportunity!
Early Childhood Professionals' Leadership Luncheon
- Saturday, November 10th
- 11:00 to 3:00
- Salisbury University Commons Building, Frederick Room, CB213
- Open to Family Providers and Center Directors
- Fee: $30.00 (Includes Lunch and Training)
- COK: 2 Professionalism
- Call 410-543-6650 to register
2018 Early Childhood Conference at Salisbury University
- Saturday, December 1
- 8:00 to 4:30
- Guerrieri Student Union, Wicomico Room