Technical Assistance For Child Care Providers
Technical Assistance Coordinator Jordon Helgason firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact us for help with:
- Maryland EXCELS
- Accreditation Support
- Marketing your program
- Room Arrangement
- Classroom Management
- Curriculum/Lesson Planning
- Developing a Parent Handbook
Call 410-543-6650 or email email@example.com
What is Technical Assistance? Click here for our Technical Assistance flyer!
Technical Assistance refers to many different ways that we can help you when it comes to the day to day running of your child care program. We can come right to your location to offer direct observation, consultation, and discussion. We can provide feedback and help with your room arrangement, playground equipment, learning materials, and/or daily schedule to name a few things. Sometimes making a few small changes in one or more of those areas can help improve your environment and behavior in your child care setting in dramatic ways. We can even help with business management or staffing questions. Take advantage of this FREE service and call our office to schedule an appointment time that is convenient for you. There are many reasons that some coaching from a trained professional can help you improve your program or classroom. Sometimes we can give advice over the phone and/or send information via e-mail. Other situations may require more help or a visit at your site. Please talk to us about how we can help address the unique needs of your child care setting.
Some Helpful Links:
- Get all the latest in information about MSDE programs and regulations on the MSDE Early Childhood Development website: http://www.marylandpublicschools.org/about/Pages/DECD/index.aspx
- For information about fingerprinting go to: http://earlychildhood.marylandpublicschools.org/fingerprinting
- Many forms you may need can be found at: http://earlychildhood.marylandpublicschools.org/child-care-providers/licensing/licensing-forms
- Basic Health and Safety Training through MSDE: http://earlychildhood.marylandpublicschools.org/basic-health-safety-training
- You can also keep up with all of the latest news from the MSDE Early Childhood Licensing Office with the PARTNERS' NEWSLETTER
SEFEL PRACTICE BASED COACHING AT LSCCRC!
SEFEL Practice-Based Coaching is a bi-weekly cycle process for supporting teacher’s use of effective social and emotional teaching practices that lead to positive learning outcomes for children.
It is guided by goals created on the action plan and assessed through focused observations.
Practice-Based Coaching is supportive of teacher growth and development through reflection and feedback.
Who is Eligible?
Family Child Care Providers, Infant and Toddler Teachers, and Preschool Teachers
How Can You Learn More?
Contact our Technical Assistance Coordinator, Jordon Helgason at 410-677-3130
MARYLAND CHILD CARE CREDENTIAL PROGRAM
To get in touch with credentialing you can e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 866-243-8796. Applications can be faxed to 410-229-0145. We have heard that is now their preferred method of receiving them. To send applications by mail, the address is now: CC Central P.O. Box 598, Baltimore, MD 21203
CHILD CARE SUBSIDY
MARYLAND PROGRAM ACCREDITATION
CHILD CARE CAREER AND PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT FUND (CCCPDF)
If you have any questions please call Jordon at LSCCRC at 410-543-6650.